HOW TO STOP PMS
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO STOP PMS
The reality is no, not everyone gets PMS symptoms. The reality is also that a lot of women get them when they could be supporting their body so that they don't. It's quite unknown that there are several things you can do to help your body through this, quite frankly, tricky tricky time. I mean the bloating, the pain, the emotions, the cravings....we could go on right?!
Our resident Female Wellness expert, Le'Nise, says it just doesn't have to be this way. Here are a few things she recommends to stop those PMS symptoms.
1) Use a cycle tracker. Of course there are apps but we also have our very own ilo Period Journal which is full of tips and tricks to help you. Get yours here. Writing everything that happens during your cycle gives you a really clear idea of how you feel during your seasons, your cravings, your pain etc.
2) Less sugar, less alcohol. Ok, so this one is REALLY simple and but a littler harder to do. I (hey it's Jette! here!) crave sugar with a passion, as in, I would almost sell my child for a chocolate bar when I'm due my period. Sugar is and alcohol are really big inflammatory items and inflammation is a real deal breaker with PMS symptoms. I said almost ok?!
3) Speak of inflammation, eat more anti-inflammatory foods such as turmeric, ginger, water and citrus fruit.
4) Get yourself some sleep girl! It's this Autumn season when we get our PMS symptoms where we have an honest to life real valid reason to feel tired and low. So take the time to rest up.
5) Exercise, moving everyday. Seriously. Even to stretch yourself out, get that blood circulating around your body, it's really really vital!. We're currently recording a series of videos with Yoga teacher Hannah Cluely that gives you a 5 minute daily stretch for every season of your cycle. You can pre-order it here.
6) Hydrate. As the fitness legend Shona Vertue says, before you do anything - hydrate yourself! We agree.
Tell us, what works for you?
If you suffer from PMS symptoms you might want to try our 4 different essential oil blends - great for regulating your hormones, clearing pain and anxiety.